Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Passing of Time

Hello Everyone!

Today is my birthday. I cannot believe another year whooshed by so fast again.

I look at the passing of time differently each time a birthday arrives. When I turned 30, everyone laughed and told me I could no longer be trusted. -- ha ha.

When I turned 40, I went to bed and stayed there for two days. I WAS DEPRESSED!!! How could Mother Nature pull such a cheap joke on me???? I was getting gray hairs and little crows feet. Ha ha.

When 50 greeted me on my birthday, I took it as a ironic joke. Me, 50?? hahahaha!! My dear sweet mother even bought me an AARP membership just to add flavor to the big joke. What a funny thing. I actually turned 50, and I thought it was hilarious!

I won't tell you how old I am today. Suffice it to say that looking at life from these eyes, which are getting more and more far-sighted, I am so happy to be right where I am! Life is great, even if I have an occasional pain here and there. The Hubster always says, "The Best is yet to come." And I do believe he is right.

As many times as I have laughed or cried at each passing year, life continues to become more enjoyable. The small things are not so important. The bigger things I do with purpose and thoughtfulness. It's what I should have been doing all along. It took me to this age to figure it out. What I look forward to is when I turn 60, and I realize how really smart I've become!

Until next time....Pay it forward, Jill

No comments: