1) Joan, the other Brass Flower in the Vase, has been in Hawaii this past week,
2) Two of my credit card numbers were stolen and the thieves had a grand old time on my dollars (wishing them very bad juju!),
3) I have piles and piles of patina'ed brass which needs hand-buffing and bagging. Your Orders are in the mail..... (thank you very much!)
4) Poor Randy hasn't had a decent meal in I-don't-know-how-long,
5) My house looks like a de-militarized zone,
6) I ordered a zippy new stock rack with 420 bins and it arrived all bent and broken, arrrghhhhh!
But..........here it is Friday morning. It's quiet. I'm blogging. And I've got a second cup of Java on my desk. Everything is right with the world for this moment.
I just don't care about any of that right now. It's Autumn. The trees are ablaze with color. The air is crispy cool and moist and you can see your breath when you talk. I'm in love with October. And that's how I'm going to get through today.
But then: As I keep looking around my office which has so many piles of papers and file folders of invoices that need filing...EERK!
And then I'll soon walk back into my studio and see those piles of brass which need attending. OMG!!!!!
And then when I get jealous at Joan for sitting on a sandy beach, drinking fancy blue drinks with those little paper umbrellas......
And, darn it all.....I need a haircut!
HEY! Jill.....take a look outside!! Remember, you are in love with October???? Whew! Almost lost my cool there. Ok.. I'm much better now.
Hey, Where's that coffee cup of mine? I'm going to take a walk outside with it and talk to my old friend, Mr. Fluffy, the resident squirrel and see what's shakin'. He's always good for a laugh or two.
Until Next Time: Pay It Forward -- Jill
Embracing the Rock with Jewelry:
I love it when Friends send me photographs of what they are making. A friend, Christy, sent in this gorgeous necklace.
Christy used my "Mermaid in the Kelp" pendant along with all kinds of goodies to create what she calls a "very new age" necklace.
When I wrote Christy, knowing that her company name is "Embrace the Rock," I said "Is the mermaid embracing the neck?" She replied "The mermaid absolutely 'embraces the neck'! I love that line, can I use that when I list this piece for sale?" Christy's work can be found at Etsy.
Have a great weekend! Keep sending in your comments, photographs and stories about yourselves. You too can become a "star".....
Photos: jpeg at approximately 500dpi: firstname.lastname@example.org